2012年11月28日水曜日

Beyond Talent(English ver)

I've done to read this book. But I read just Japanese transcript version.



This book is written by Angela Myles Beeching- who is working at Manhattan school of music as a director, center for music entrepreneurship.
She came to my college and had a seminar for students and also teachers.

I knew that, but I had saxophone lesson at the same time. So I thought I can't go.
However, my teacher said "you can skip my class and go!", I could join it :)

And, that seminar and the book were so great!
I never read such a great book include how to management for success, how to run a project, make a connection, control my mental when I'm performing, also how to write resume,,,, and so on.
She mentioned all kinds of factors musicians need!

Some of them, I knew by reading some business books and other types of book.
...Yeah, if I read it at first, I didn't need to read another business books.


Actually, some people are confused when they graduate because they don't know how to get a job(to play), how to make some money...
It will be helpful for you to start your career and make future career! I think so!


Now I think it is tough to make a money by playing music as a professional musician, but still I hope to be a professional musician.

From this book, I got something power and am really motivated.

As I say it is tough, but possible!!! Not impossible~~~


Some steps are different between US and Japan.
I can't follow ALL of stuff but almost these materials, I can follow and I should follow!



By the way, I joined a seminar -that means I met her!
She is so kind and warm person. I talked her and gave me her autograph!!! Yeah!!

In the class, she gave us a magic card and we made a contract to myself.
Front of the card, write "what do you wanna be in 3 years later?", back of the card, write "3 things I'm gonna do in this week for the 3 years later?".

I made this, so I'm gonna do 3 things for my 3 years later :)



See ya, bye!!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿